Cultivating the Skill of Self-CompassionJul 24, 2022
Do you tend to be hard on yourself whenever you make mistakes? If you’re like most women, chances are you’ve learned that the best way to become a better, perhaps different version of yourself is to go all in with willpower and self-control. But this is one way that you’re making life harder than it needs to be; and in this episode, I’m going to share the power of self-compassion, the difference between real and pseudo-self-compassion, and how cultivating the skill of self-compassion makes it easier to live your life and meet your goals.
On Today's Episode, You'll Learn:
- Why self-compassion matters
- The difference between real and pseudo-self-compassion
- 4 steps for cultivating the skill of self-compassion
Featured on today's episode:
- TTMP 52: Emotional Self-Care and How to Deal with Too Many Feelings
- TTMP 69: Allowing Negative Emotions
- Get started with simple steps to let go of dieting, stop obsessing about food, and eat in a way that you enjoy with my free Food Freedom Guide.
- Learn more about working with me HERE
- Dr. Kristin Neff’s website HERE